We’re seeking a few great new board members who are passionate about housing justice and ready to put their expertise to work in support of our mission. We approved a new strategic plan in 2021 and have a dynamic staff and board committed to our vision of an equitable and racially just Washington where each and every one of us lives in a healthy, affordable home in a thriving community of our choice.
The Housing Alliance is a 501(c)(3) that develops and advocates for public policy solutions to the crisis of affordable housing and homelessness in Washington. Our organizational members include housing and service providers across the state and we mobilize those organizations plus a broad base of individuals to advocate for solutions.
The Housing Action Fund is the political voice in Washington for expanding access to affordable homes and solutions to homelessness. We are a 501(c)(4) that works to improve public policy through lobbying, electoral work, and organizing residents of affordable homes. Electoral work includes candidate endorsements, mobilizing volunteers for campaigns, and candidate contributions through a connected PAC.
Combined, we have a small but mighty staff of ten, 140+ organizational members across Washington, and an online action network of 7,500+ individuals. We are the only organization in Washington that brings together the experience of housing and service providers, the of expertise of people who have personally experienced homelessness and housing instability, and the power of a broad base of individual advocates to fight for solutions. We are seeking to add 3-4 new members to the c3 board and 2-3 to the c4 board in Spring 2023.
WHAT WE’RE MOST PROUD OF RIGHT NOW:
- In 2022, our tenant organizing work was recognized with the State Organizing Award from the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC).
- In 2021, we passed the first tenant right to counsel bill in the country, ensuring that low-income tenants will be represented by counsel in eviction proceedings.
- During the early days of the pandemic, we successfully organized around one of the most comprehensive eviction moratoriums in the country and secured deep investments in rental assistance once the moratorium was lifted.
- The 2021-23 biennial budget saw the largest investment in our state’s Housing Trust Fund in state history, which will help create 3,460 affordable homes.
WE NEED YOU IF:
- You are passionate about changing public policy so that people in Washington of all races, ethnicities, abilities, genders, and identities can live in safe, healthy homes they can afford.
- You understand the connection between racial justice and housing justice.
- You can spend 5-10 hours per month attending board meetings, participating in committee work, and being an ambassador for the Housing Alliance and Housing Alliance Action Fund in your community.
- You are excited to connect people in your community to the organization as donors, advocates, and members, and as your own resources allow, you will make a personally meaningful gift.
- We are especially seeking board members with one or more of the following skills and identities:
- Have deep ties to Central or Eastern Washington;
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color and/or have lived experience with housing instability or homelessness; or
- Have experience with nonprofit financial management.
For information about the c3 board, please contact Liz Trautman, Housing Alliance Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete this form: https://forms.office.com/r/FCivBdKkrA to indicate interest in the c4 board.
- « First
- ‹ Previous Post
- Next Post ›
- Last »
- wahousingaction's blog
- Log in to post comments